Google Sheets has emerged as a powerful business tool in recent times. Considering the importance of data for a business, Sheets has made it possible to effectively track, organize, evaluate and share data. From accounting to marketing, this versatile tool has the ability to serve several areas of your business.
That being said, Google Sheets aren’t as straightforward as you may think, especially if you’re in a time crunch want to work with external data sources. From amalgamating scattered data to time-consuming repetitive actions, you may struggle to utilize Sheets to its full potential without the right tools. And that’s where Supermetrics comes into the picture. In this post, we’re sharing how it can help you make the most of marketing data with Sheets instead of wasting time on monkey work. Take a look.
Section In Our Supermetrics Review
- Introducing Supermetrics
- Who Can Use Supermetrics
- What Can Supermetrics Do For Your Business?
- What Sets Supermetrics for Google Sheets Apart?
- How To Install Supermetrics for Google Sheets?
- How To Run Your First Query on Supermetrics for Google Sheets?
- Is It Possible To Import Website Data on Google Sheets Using Supermetrics?
- Supermetrics Pricing & Plans
- Signing Up For Supermetrics
Supermetrics is a tool that picks up all the marketing data from different marketing channels and brings it to your go-to reporting, analytics, or storage platform. These platforms could be a BI tool, a spreadsheet, a data visualization tool, a data lake, or a data warehouse.
You may have already read our Supermetrics For Data Studio review.
Who Can Use Supermetrics?
As previously mentioned, Supermetrics makes it easy to bring together scattered marketing data from various sources. If your business requires siloed data from platforms like Google Analytics, Facebook Ads, and Instagram, this tool effectively aggregates data and makes it easily measurable.
Whether your business calls for web analytics, social media, or online marketing, Supermetrics can be a valuable addition to gain greater insights into your marketing data. Whether you are running ad campaigns on LinkedIn or using Google My Business, this tool will help you.
What Can Supermetrics Do For Your Business?
In simple terms, Supermetrics essentially allows you to focus on using data rather than moving data. Here are some ways Supermetrics for Google Sheets can facilitate better data analysis.
Easily Move Marketing Data
Gathering data from all your marketing platforms such as Facebook Ads, Google Analytics, Google Ads, and more can be extremely tedious and time-consuming. Right from logging into each platform to exporting it to CSV and copying-pasting into Sheets, you won’t have much time left for analyzing.
Supermetrics saves you the hassle of shuffling between different platforms. Simply by installing this ad-on, you can connect to your marketing data and easily move it into a spreadsheet.
Get Extensive Metrics & Dimensions
Bringing data directly into Google Sheet can be a game-changer for your business. Some of the most popular Supermetrics connectors include Facebook Ads, Instagram Insights, Google Ads, and Google Analytics. Additionally, this tool also connects to other platforms such as HubSpot, LinkedIn Ads, Mailchimp, YouTube and more.
Instead of offering hundreds of connectors that draw limited data sets, this tool focuses on accumulating as many metrics and dimensions as possible from popular marketing platforms. Moreover, you get access to metrics and dimensions that aren’t offered by native platforms.
Build Diverse Reports
After aggregating data into spreadsheets, you can build diverse marketing reports. A cross-channel paid advertising overview, a client budget tracker, or an average keyword position dashboard are some ways you can use Supermetrics in spreadsheets.
Automate Repetitive Actions
It’s no secret that data-driven marketing plays a vital role in helping businesses improve their products and services. This highlights the paramount importance of accessing and analyzing the latest marketing insights.
Once you have created reports, you can set them to refresh automatically on a monthly, weekly, daily, or even hourly basis. Devote attention to analyzing and let Supermetrics do all the heavy lifting.
Focus on Analyzing
Since you’re not stuck in the copy/paste loop for generating reports every week, you have the time to dive into the numbers. With manual tasks automated and scheduled refreshes set up, you can focus on figuring out what is and isn’t working.
What Sets Supermetrics for Google Sheets Apart?
If you require complex data manipulation for your marketing reports, Supermetrics for Google is the tool for you. In comparison to other options, Supermetrics for Google Sheets allows you to display unique metrics, which may not be available in native platforms.
How To Install Supermetrics for Google Sheets?
The process to install Supermetrics for Google Sheets is quite straightforward. Here are the steps:
Step 1: Open https://supermetrics.com/product/google-sheets
Step 2: Click on the Start free trial button.
Step 3: Click on the Install button to install the application.
Step 4: Click on the CONTINUE button to give Supermetrics permission for installing the app.
Step 5: Signup with your Gmail ID.
Step 6: Allow Supermetrics to access the Google account.
Step 7: Once you allow step 6, the plugin app will be installed in your spreadsheet and you will get a confirmation message as shown below. Then you can click on the DONE button to close this popup window.
Step 8: Go to your Google Drive, and open a new spreadsheet
- Under Extensions, you will find the Supermetrics extension.
- Click on Launch Sidebar to open Supermetrics, it will appear as shown in the screenshot below.
- Here you will get various options, where you can set up the connection with a spreadsheet and execute a query to get a report.
Following are the options available.
- Adobe Analytics
- Adobe Analytics 2.0
- Apple App Store / iTunes
- Apple Search Ads
- Azure Synapse
- Bing Services
- Bing Webmaster Tools
- Capterra PPC
- Facebook Ads
- Facebook Audience Network
- Facebook Business Manager
- Facebook Insights
- Facebook Political Ads
- Facebook Public Data
- Google Ad Manager
- Google Ads
- Google AdSense
- Google Analytics
- Google Analytics 4
- Google BigQuery
- Google Campaign Manager 360
- Google Display & Video 360
- Google My Business
- Google Play Reviews
- Google Search Ads 360
- Google Search Console
- Google Sheets
- Google Trends
- Instagram Insights
- Instagram Public Data
- LinkedIn Ads
- LinkedIn Company Pages
- Microsoft Advertising (Bing)
- Outbrain Amplify
- Pinterest Ads
- Pinterest Organic
- Pinterest Public Data
- Quora Ads
- Reddit Public Data
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Semrush Analytics
- Semrush Projects
- Snapchat Marketing
- The Trade Desk
- TikTok Ads
- Tripadvisor Reviews
- Tumblr Public Data
- Twitter Ads
- Twitter Premium
- Twitter Public Data
- Vimeo Public Data
- VKontakte Public Data
- Yahoo DSP
- Yahoo Native Ads
Step 9: Let’s create a report for a Google Ads account.
- Click on Google Ads from the above options.
- A new window will open as shown in the screen below. Now login with your Google ads account and authenticate Supermetrics to set up a connection.
- Although there are options to create custom reports, Supermetrics provides built-in report templates for quick reports.
- Open the template gallery.
- Pick a template that best suits your reporting requirements.
- Add template to spreadsheet.
- Click on Insert Template.
- Select the account that you want to use in the report.
- A final report similar to the one show below appears in the spreadsheet.
How To Run Your First Query on Supermetrics for Google Sheets?
Follow the below-listed steps to create a Supermetrics query and start pulling data in spreadsheets.
- Open a Google Sheets file.
- Navigate to Add-ons → Supermetrics → Launch to open the Supermetrics sidebar.
- Under Data source, choose which data source your query should pull data from.
- Select which data source account you want to use for this data source.
- In the sidebar, choose your query’s Date range, Metrics, and Dimensions.
- Make further adjustments in Segment and Options, and add a filter if you need one.
- Click Get Data to Table. Your data will fill starting from the cell you’ve selected in your Sheet.
- If you need to modify your query, click on any cell containing its data to open the Supermetrics sidebar. Then, click Modify.
Is It Possible To Import Website Data on Google Sheets Using Supermetrics?
Yes, you can import website data to Sheets using Supermetrics. Manually copying and pasting is doable but can be monotonous and time-consuming. Moreover, it also makes you vulnerable to errors. After you’ve installed Supermetrics, you can follow the steps listed in the previous section to get your website data into Google Sheets.
Supermetrics Pricing & Plans
Supermetrics is the easiest way to move marketing data into Google Sheets. This marketing add-on is available at a fair price. Listed below are different pricing plans for purchasing Supermetrics for your operations.
Is It The Right Fit For You?
If the answer to the following questions is yes, then it’s time to install Supermetrics.
- Do you want to be proactive with your marketing goals?
- Do you run ads on multiple platforms?
- Do you need to blend complex data from multiple sources?
- Do you want to stop wasting time copying and pasting data from various platforms?
- Are you looking to automate manual tasks and easily generate periodic reports?
- Do you need data in a presentable format without too much work?
- Do you want to make the most of Google Sheets for your marketing insights?
The Bottom Line
Supermetrics is a powerhouse when it comes to pulling marketing data from various sources directly into Google sheets. Rather than getting caught up in copy-paste hell, this tool offers a plethora of features that allow you to break-free from manual tasks and focus on analyzing data.
In the aforementioned post, we have shared an informative guide to stretching the capabilities of Sheets with Supermetrics. Hopefully, you found it helpful.
Signing Up For Supermetrics
We don’t have a promo code to give you, but the fine folks at Supermetrics have given us a way to give you, our valued readers, 20% off.
For anyone signing up using one of our link below, you’ll get 20% off.
Suggestion from someone who likes a discounts and has made the mistake I’d like you to avoid, if you can – sign up for an annual plan so the 20% off is worth more.
For product information you’ll want to head to their homepage or product pages, but after you’ll want to come back here and click through using the purchase link. The purchase link will take you right to the cart with 20% off.
Head over now: